Your care and safety is our top priority. We are diligently working to keep our centers safe and accessible for all your urgent or essential medical imaging needs. We are screening our staff and potential patients for COVID-19 related symptoms and acting accordingly. During this time, we recommend you consult with your physician to determine if your exam is urgent and essential.

30 October, 2019

Guest Author - Dr. Keen on Breast Cancer Awareness Month Events

On Sunday, October 13, 2019, Drs. Ergeba Sheferaw and team captain Stacey Keen (both from Advanced Radiology) represented the Maryland Radiological Society in the Komen Maryland More Than Pink Walk. For the past 26 years, Komen Maryland has featured the Race for the Cure. The new Komen signature event is the More Than Pink Walk, emphasizing the substantial work of the organization beyond pink ribbons.

Komen Maryland is dedicated to the mission of “saving lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer:” Held along a scenic route in Columbia, Maryland, the Walk began with an inspiring Parade of Pink breast cancer survivors. Speakers included breast cancer survivors as well as those from the community embodying the pillars of Komen’s mission: Research, Care, Community, and Action.

75% of money raised stays in Maryland, funding grants for organizations providing screening, education, treatment, and survivorship support for women and their families affected by breast cancer. The remaining 25% of funds goes toward national research, some of which is conducted here in Maryland.

Since the widespread implementation of screening mammography in the early 1990’s there has been a 40% reduction in mortality from breast cancer. This is tangible evidence of the lifesaving work we radiologists do every day!

30 October, 2019